The National Postsecondary Student Aid Study (NPSAS) examines the characteristics of students in postsecondary education, with special focus on how they finance their education.
- Create tables and graphs quickly and efficiently using QuickStats.
- Create complex tables and run linear & logistic regressions using Powerstats.
- NCES announces plan to field a new financial aid data collection with state representative samples
The 2017-18 National Postsecondary Student Aid Study, Administrative Collection (NPSAS:18-AC) will leverage administrative data from postsecondary institutions and the Department of Education to provide nationally representative financial aid estimates. It is designed to complement existing financial aid data collections to provide estimates on a 2-year cycle instead of the current 4-year cycle. Additionally, NCES anticipates that NPSAS:18-AC will have representative samples from most U.S. States. This design will allow researchers to generate state representative financial aid estimates and compare financial aid programs at the state level. Data collection is scheduled to occur in 2018 with associated products and publications to be released in 2019.
- NCES completes full scale data collection for NPSAS:16
The student interview and student records data collection for the 2016-17 National Postsecondary Student Aid Study (NPSAS:16) has been completed. Publications and data products for this study will be released in late 2017.
- NCES Releases New Distance Learning Dataset Training (DLDT) Modules
The DLDT program provides online training modules for several NCES complex survey datasets. These interactive modules allow users to learn about NCES data across the education spectrum and evaluate it for suitability for particular research purposes For more information, go to: http://nces.ed.gov/training/datauser.