Skip Navigation

Education Publications Center (ED Pubs)
Until supplies are exhausted, a single copy of a publication or CD-ROM may be obtained at NO COST from ED Pubs. Before requesting a copy make sure you have the complete title and NCES number for the publication-- Indicators of School Crime and Safety: 2003, NCES 2004004, for example. ED Pubs does not have products for sale, so DO NOT send money or checks when ordering products.

Government Printing Office (GPO)
If you need more than one copy of a publication or ED Pubs' supplies have been exhausted, they may be purchased from the Government Printing Office (GPO). Not all NCES publications may be obtained from GPO so you will need to check on availability. To order a copy from GPO you must have the GPO Number--the number should resemble this example: GPO # 065-000-00871-8. The GPO # and price can be accessed by going to GPO Online and entering the title of the product.

Federal Depository Libraries
For older publications, the only source for an NCES publication may be a Federal Depository Library.

Designated NCES Contact
If publications are not available through any of the above methods contact the NCES staff member who is listed on all product information pages under the Questions: designation (i.e. For questions about the content of this product, please contact ...).

Data Files
Only data files that are on CD-ROM are available through ED Pubs or GPO. However, all NCES data files can be downloaded (at no cost) from our website. You may also obtain a Restricted Data License which enables you to access restricted data from NCES surveys.

Working Papers
Working papers are not available from the above named sources. To obtain a copy of a particular working paper, please contact Angela Miles at:

Education Publications Center (ED Pubs)
PHONE: 1-877-433-7827
FAX: 703-605-6794

Government Printing Office (GPO)
PHONE: 1-866-512-1800.
FAX: 202-512-2104

U.S. Government Publishing Office
P.O. Box 979050
St. Louis, MO 63197-9000