Surveys & Programs
- Annual Reports
- National Assessments
- International Assessments
- Early Childhood
- Elementary/ Secondary
- Data Systems, Use, & Privacy
Data & Tools
- Downloads Microdata/Raw Data
- Online Analysis
- School and College Search
- Comparison Tools
- Questionnaire Tools
- Geographic Tools
- Other Tools
- Fast Facts
- News & Events
- Publications & Products
- About Us
Grantee State - Utah
2023 Grant Application
Enhancing Utahís State Longitudinal Data System to Manage Transactional Data Moments: BRIDGE and USBE Infrastructure
Start Date: 9/25/2023
End Date: 9/24/2027
Project Director: Aaron Brough
Amount Awarded: $4,000,000
Project Abstract 45 KB
- Create a common application (BRIDGE) for all state public postsecondary institutions.
- BRIDGE transactional infrastructure at UDRC would allow every public high school student's individual record to be safely and securely transferred to each state college or university for admissions review and scholarship eligibility.
- Improve data visualization infrastructure capabilities linked to its new Utah Student Information Management System (USIMS).
2015 Grant Application
Enhancing Utah Data Alliance College and Career and Evaluation and Research Capabilities through Web Technology
Start Date: 10/1/2015
End Date: 9/30/2022
Project Director: Wynn Shooter
Amount Awarded: $6,497,783
Project Abstract 126 KB
- College and Career
- Inform education policy and practice by providing feedback to; district and school leaders on selected postsecondary outcomes, postsecondary education leaders on selected workforce outcomes, and career and technical education leaders on selected workforce outcomes.
- Conduct career and technical education (CTE) research studies and student related to college readiness that can inform policy and practice
- Evaluation and Research
- Expand standardization of an ad-hoc research request process.
- Create an Institutional Review Board to manage requests for access to individual-level data in the UDA (Utah Data Alliance) data warehouse.
- Enhance the structural and technical capabilities of the UDA data warehouse.
- Develop a web portal that expands access to researchers, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Develop professional development materials to support data use by end-users.
- Enhance access and training for current and expanded end-users
- Enhance training for UDA researchers.
2009-ARRA Grant Application
Utah Data Alliance
Start Date: 7/1/2010
End Date: 6/30/2014
Project Director: Judy Park
Amount Awarded: $9,617,736
Project Application 30.7 MB
Project Abstract 130 KB
- Construct and update the Utah Data Alliance Data Share (UDADS) through scheduled import of data from partner agencies.
- Transform, clean and load the data and integrate them into an accessible and timely data store for the analysts, statisticians and researchers.
- Emphasize sound data management and governance practice throughout the project.
- Facilitate ongoing training and staff development throughout the project to ensure that those using the data understand the semantics and the structure of the data as well as the business intelligence tools used to work with those data.
2007 Grant Application
Utah Student Records Exchange
Start Date: 8/1/2007
End Date: 10/31/2011
Project Director: John Brandt
Amount Awarded: $4,561,763
Project Application 5.8 MB
Project Abstract 33 KB
Utah public education seeks to provide a uniform and integrated Utah Student Record/transcript Exchange (USRE) system definition and transport service to all public schools including postsecondary schools.
- Improving the Data Infrastructure
- A contractor will work with the USOE and LEAs to perform a gap analyses to determine how well the current School Interoperability Framework (SIF) v2 standard fulfills the needs of LEA to LEA, LEA to postsecondary, LEA to USOE, and USOE to EDFacts data exchanges.
- The transport architecture to be used within all LEAs will be the SIF transport standard known as zone integration servers/services or ZIS.
- SIF Agents
- SIF Advisory Committee
- SIS Questionnaire: The contractor will proceed to assemble a report of all the LEAs describing their readiness for participation in the USRE project.
- LEA to LEA
- Identify a brokerage service provider that can exchange SIF student records/transcripts between it and Utah LEAs and exchange either PESC/XML or EDI/Speede student records/records between it and postsecondary schools.
- LEA to USOE Warehouse
- By having SIF/ZIS integrated into USOE operations the Clearinghouse and then the Warehouse can receive a record/transcript of any student in the state at any time.
- Design and later construction of the SIF agent for the USOE Clearinghouse.
- LEA to Postsecondary schools
- Postsecondary schools within Utah must also have the capacity to interact with brokerage service.
- Submission of EDFacts data via SIF Objects