Skip Navigation
small NCES header image
Status and Trends in the Education of Racial and Ethnic Minorities
NCES 2010-015
July 2010

Back Arrow List of Tables Download Excel Excel format (23 KB)  

Table 7.4.

Percentage distribution of public elementary and secondary school students of each racial/ethnic group, by percent enrollment in school of selected racial/ethnic group: 200708


  Percent White enrollment
          50 percent or more
Race/ethnicity Total Less than 25 percent 25–49 percent   Total 50–74
percent
75 percent
or more
Total1 100.0 25.5 14.4   60.1 20.7 39.4
White 100.0 3.7 9.8   86.6 23.5 63.1
Black 100.0 53.1 20.6   26.3 17.9 8.4
Hispanic 100.0 58.7 19.3   22.0 14.3 7.6
Asian/Pacific Islander 100.0 34.3 22.5   43.2 24.8 18.4
American Indian/Alaska Native 100.0 29.7 19.2   51.2 27.9 23.3
               
  Percent Black enrollment
          50 percent or more
  Total Less than 25 percent 25–49 percent   Total 50–74
percent
75 percent
or more
Total1 100.0 77.9 11.5   10.6 4.8 5.8
White 100.0 89.7 7.9   2.3 1.9 0.4
Black 100.0 27.8 23.8   48.3 17.1 31.2
Hispanic 100.0 84.4 11.5   4.1 3.0 1.0
Asian/Pacific Islander 100.0 86.4 10.3   3.3 2.4 0.9
American Indian/Alaska Native 100.0 91.2 6.2   2.7 1.8 0.9
               
  Percent Hispanic enrollment
          50 percent or more
  Total Less than 25 percent 25–49 percent   Total 50–74
percent
75 percent
or more
Total1 100.0 71.5 12.5   15.9 8.0 7.9
White 100.0 88.3 8.4   3.3 2.6 0.7
Black 100.0 78.5 13.2   8.4 6.5 1.8
Hispanic 100.0 21.9 21.4   56.7 23.5 33.2
Asian/Pacific Islander 100.0 68.8 19.3   11.9 8.7 3.2
American Indian/Alaska Native 100.0 81.7 10.4   7.9 5.4 2.5
1 Total includes other race/ethnicity categories not separately shown.
NOTE: Race categories exclude persons of Hispanic ethnicity. Detail may not sum to totals because of rounding.
SOURCE: U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Common Core of Data (CCD), "Public Elementary/Secondary School Universe Survey," 2007–08.
Would you like to help us improve our products and website by taking a short survey?

YES, I would like to take the survey

or

No Thanks

The survey consists of a few short questions and takes less than one minute to complete.