- Surveys & Programs
- Annual Reports
- National Assessments
- International Assessments
- Early Childhood
- Elementary/ Secondary
- Data Systems, Use, & Privacy
- Data & Tools
- Downloads Microdata/Raw Data
- Online Analysis
- School and College Search
- Comparison Tools
- Questionnaire Tools
- Geographic Tools
- Other Tools
- Fast Facts
- News & Events
- Publications & Products
- About Us
Hotel and Area Information
Meeting Venue and Hotel Accommodations
The 2018 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference will be held at The Mayflower Hotel. Guest rooms are available at The Mayflower Hotel for Conference participants. Please refer to the preliminary schedule of events when making your hotel reservations. All participants must contact The Mayflower Hotel directly to reserve their guest rooms.
The hotel block is currently full. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please e-mail your travel plans to Kerri Voelker (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will be notified if a room becomes available.
The Mayflower Hotel
1127 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Toll Free Reservation Line: 877-212-5752
- Book Your Reservations Online: https://book.passkey.com/e/49683113
- Conference Block Name: STATS-DC 2018
- Group Rate: Varies depending on availability plus applicable state and local taxes (currently 14.8%) per night
The initial group rate has sold out. We have added more rooms, based on the best available rate the hotel can give us. Please review your rate carefully. The Mayflower will only honor the rate at which you are booked. You will need to provide a personal credit card number to guarantee your room.
- Cutoff Date: Friday, June 29, 2018
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to arrival date or a fee of one night's room and tax will be assessed to the individual's credit card.
- Early Departures: Early departures will be charged one night's room and tax and be assessed to the individual's credit card.
- Internet: Complimentary Internet is available in the guest rooms for Marriott Rewards members. You may sign up online or at check-in. Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available throughout the meeting space of the hotel. Accordingly, there will be no Cyber Café at the 2018 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference.
The block at The Mayflower Hotel is quickly filling up. The Mayflower is offering additional rooms, but at a higher rate. The following hotels are near The Mayflower Hotel and are listed in order of closest proximity to the conference hotel. Please note that NCES does not have an agreement with these hotels to honor the per diem lodging rate plus taxes per night. Additionally, transportation will not be provided from these properties to The Mayflower Hotel. If you still need hotel accommodations, we recommend that you reserve a room as soon as possible.
Hotel RL Washington DC
Hyatt Place Washington DC/White House
Courtyard Washington Embassy Row
Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
Please visit the Destination DC website (http://washington.org/) for additional housing options and more information about the DC area.
- The Mayflower Hotel: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasak-the-mayflower-hotel-autograph-collection/
- Destination DC: http://washington.org/
- Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro): http://wmata.com/
How to Get to The Mayflower Hotel
The Mayflower Hotel is approximately five miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), 27 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), and 36 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI).
Taxi fare is approximately $25 from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, $85 from Washington Dulles International Airport, and $95 from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.
Visit the SuperShuttle website http://www.supershuttle.com for rates and reservations.
Parking: The Mayflower Hotel offers valet parking for $59 overnight with in/out privileges and $34 during the day, no in/ out privileges. Small SUVs are allowed.
Farragut North (Red Line): The Mayflower Hotel is located 1/2 block from the Farragut North Metro Station. When getting off the Metro car, take the escalator marked L Street at the far end of the platform (not the center escalator). The escalator will bring you to the corner of L Street and Connecticut. At street level, follow the sidewalk to the right 1/2 block. The hotel will be on your right.
Farragut West (Orange/Blue Lines): The Farragut West Metro Station is approximately 2 1/2 blocks from The Mayflower Hotel. Upon arrival at the station, exit the station through 18th and I (Eye) Street NW exit, walk 2 blocks north on 18th Street NW. Next, turn right on L Street NW, walk 1 block east on L Street NW, turn left on Connecticut Avenue NW, walk 1 block on Connecticut Avenue NW. The hotel is at the end of the block, on the right.