Surveys & Programs
- Annual Reports
- National Assessments
- International Assessments
- Early Childhood
- Elementary/ Secondary
- Data Systems, Use, & Privacy
Data & Tools
- Downloads Microdata/Raw Data
- Online Analysis
- School and College Search
- Comparison Tools
- Questionnaire Tools
- Geographic Tools
- Other Tools
- Fast Facts
- News & Events
- Publications & Products
- About Us
2018 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference
July 25 - 27, 2018
The Mayflower Hotel Washington, DC
The U.S. Department of Education’s 2018 National Center for Education Statistics’ (NCES) STATS-DC Data Conference offers:
- discussions on technical and policy issues related to the collection, maintenance, and use of education data for education researchers, policymakers, and data system managers from all levels of government who want to share innovations in the design and implementation of education data collections and information systems;
- training and business meetings for Common Core of Data (CCD) and EDFacts data coordinators;
- information sessions on CCD, data collection, data linking beyond K–12, data management, data privacy, data quality, data standards, data use (both analytical and instructional), fiscal data, Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS), and changes in how the U.S. Department of Education collects and uses data; and
- updates on federal and state activities affecting data collection and reporting, with a focus on information about the best new approaches in collecting, reporting, and using education statistics.
There is no registration fee to attend the 2018 NCES STATS-DC Data Conference.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Cut-off date for submission of presentation or demonstration proposals. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Week of June 4-8, 2018
Presenters and demonstrators notified by e-mail of acceptance or rejection of proposals.
Friday, June 29, 2018 - 5:00 PM EDT
Cut-off date for hotel room block. All participants booking a room after this date will not be guaranteed the group rate and will be responsible for paying a higher room rate if space is available. Please note: The room block may sell out prior to this date, so please make your reservations early.
Friday, July 6, 2018
Pre-registration closes. After this date, participants must complete registration paperwork onsite at the conference.
American Disabilities Act Accommodations Requests
Individuals with disabilities who need accommodation to participate in this event should contact Kerri Voelker (contractor) at 919-794-4710 or email@example.com. TTY users should contact the Federal TTY Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Requests should be made at least five business days prior to the event.
The Mayflower Hotel is ADA compliant; however, as a historic hotel, there may be instances where special accommodations are required to gain accessibility to certain meeting rooms. If you have accessibility requirements, please let us know in advance so accommodations can be made.
Conference Attire: Attire for the conference is business casual.
Food and Beverage: In compliance with federal policy, no food or beverages will be provided. Information regarding nearby restaurants will be available at The Mayflower Hotel’s concierge desk.
For additional information regarding the conference, contact: Patrick Keaton, NCES STATS-DC Data Conference Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.