National Longitudinal Study of 1972 (NLS-72) Features
- Nationally representative, longitudinal study of 12th graders in 1972, with a supplementary sample drawn in 1973
- Surveys of 12th graders with follow-up surveys throughout their postsecondary years
- Postsecondary transcripts to enhance analyses
- What are students’ trajectories after leaving high school into postsecondary education, the workforce, and beyond?
- What factors influence the students’ educational and career outcomes after passing through the American educational system?
NLS-72 Data Collection Waves
- Base Year (1972) – Available now
- First Follow-up (1973) – Available now
- Second Follow-up (1974) – Available now
- Third Follow-up (1976) – Available now
- Fourth Follow-up (1979) – Available now
- Postsecondary Transcripts (1984) – Available now
- Fifth Follow-up (1986) – Available now