Where Can I Find International Comparative Education Data Tables?
Find available data tables and charts related to international assessments and international comparisons in education from a variety of sources. These can be accessed by clicking on the titles that appear below.
- Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (Grade 4)
- How do U.S. 4th-graders compare to students in other countries in reading?
Visit the PIRLS and ePIRLS 2016 Results page for selected tables and figures on student achievement internationally. Results for 2016 include results for ePIRLS, an assessment of online informational reading of fourth-grade students. Tables on performance related to U.S.-specific variables such as race/ethnicity and eligibility for free or reduced-price lunch are also available. (Results from the previous PIRLS cycles can be accessed under "Previous Results.")
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (Grades 4 and 8)
- How do U.S. 4th- and 8th-graders compare to students in other countries in mathematics and science?
Visit the TIMSS and TIMSS Advanced 2015 Results page for selected tables and figures on student achievement internationally. Results for 2015 include results for TIMSS Advanced, an assessment of advanced mathematics and physics students in their final year of high school. (Results from the previous TIMSS cycles can be accessed under "Previous TIMSS Results.")
- Program for International Student Assessment (15-year-olds)
- How do U.S. 15-year olds compare to students in other countries in mathematics literacy, science literacy, reading literacy, financial literacy, and collaborative problem solving?
Visit the PISA 2015 Results page to view tables on student achievement internationally. Tables on performance related to U.S.-specific variables such as race/ethnicity and eligibility for free or reduced-price lunch are also available. (Results from the previous PISA cycles can be accessed under "Previous PISA Results.")
- Teaching and Learning International Survey (Teachers and Principals)
- Want to know more about teachers, teaching, and learning environments around the world?
Visit the TALIS 2013 Results page for a collection of international data tables, including tables about teacher and principal characteristics, mentoring in schools, teacher professional development, appraisal and feedback, and teacher job satisfaction.
- Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (Adults ages 16 - 65)
- How do U.S. adults compare to adults in other countries in literacy, numeracy, and problem solving in technology-rich environments?
Visit the interactive PIAAC Results Portal to generate downloadable tables providing information on adult skill levels by different characteristics, such as age, gender, race/ethnicity, and employment. For ready-made tables about low-skilled adults, employed adults, and adults with children, visit the Snapshots and Tables page.
- NCES's Digest of Education Statistics (All Ages)
- Want to know more about school enrollment, teachers, achievement, instructional time, educational attainment, and education expenditure around the world?
Explore Chapter 6 of the most recent Digest of Education Statistics for international data tables. The Digest's primary source is OECD's annual Education at a Glance. Data tables for previous years are available here.
- Archived International Data Table Library (All Ages)
- The Archived International Data Table Library has a collection of over 200 statistical tables that present data from a wide range of sources and examine different facets of education in the United States and other countries.
Tables are organized by topic and data year. A guide designed to help navigate the Table Library is available here.