Policy and Research Issues: Parental and Community Involvement/Social Capital
1. What are the correlates of active parental involvement in their children's schooling?
- How do parental roles differ by family type?
- How are school policies and environment related to parental involvement?
- Does family structure relate to student achievement?
2. How much choice with respect to their children's schools exists for parents?
- Are there varying levels of parental choice in education, depending on personal and family characteristics?
3. What are different levels/patterns of social capital available to students?
- How much autonomy do students have?
- What are the patterns of parental networks and interactions?
- What are the patterns of parents' social responsibility for other children?