- Surveys & Programs
- Annual Reports
- National Assessments
- International Assessments
- Early Childhood
- Elementary/ Secondary
- Data Systems, Use, & Privacy
- Data & Tools
- Downloads Microdata/Raw Data
- Online Analysis
- School and College Search
- Comparison Tools
- Questionnaire Tools
- Geographic Tools
- Other Tools
- Fast Facts
- News & Events
- Publications & Products
- About Us
Current SLDS Grantee Supplemental Award Opportunity
Current SLDS Grantees,
NCES is currently able to consider a limited number of "supplemental awards" for active grantees who have identified projects dealing with the challenges associated with education and reporting during COVID-19. A "supplemental award" is an award that provides additional funding beyond the amount originally approved in the original grant award. These additional funds will be awarded to an existing grantee in a supplemental grant award, and but the additional funds cannot be used to change the scope and objectives of the original project. For example, a project exploring the gaps in attendance data or even defining a new method for measuring attendance during distance learning could be a logical extension of a grant initially awarded to focus upon a attendance dashboard, report card on attendance, or an early warning system incorporating attendance data. In preparing a request for a supplemental award, it is important for current SLDS grantees to consider the following:
- 1) Has your grant developed a new method for conducting the work growing out of the original work and related to the original scope of your work?
- 2) Have you run into unexpected costs in performing the activities with the scope and objectives of your initial grant award because of the COVID-19 situation?
- 3) Are there activities that would support and enhance your initial program activities as they may need to adapt during the COVID-19 situation?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, then it might be possible to secure a supplemental award to further these related activities. Please remember that requests for supplemental awards cannot alter the scope and objectives of your original grant project.
- Proposals may be submitted between August 3, 2020 12:00:01 AM eastern and August 17, 2020, 11:59:59 PM eastern.
- Proposals should be capped at $400,000.
- IES reserves the right to make smaller awards than are requested, or in unusual cases larger ones. Awards can only be made from the limited funding currently available.
All proposals for supplemental awards will need to include:
- An abstract describing the proposed additional or altered work
- A revised budget showing how the additional funds will be used (and if appropriate, how the original budget needs to be modified) and a description of the activities being supplemented
- A revised project plan showing how the proposed work would fit into or alter — and not replace — any of the work in the current project plan
- A narrative justification demonstrating why the supplement is necessary and is helpful in achieving the original goals of the project
If you have questions about proposing a supplemental award for ED's consideration, please contact your Program Officer or contact Nancy Sharkey, at Nancy.email@example.com.