Graduation rate data provide information on institutional productivity and help institutions comply with reporting requirements of the Student Right-to-Know Act (1990) and the Higher Education Act, amended (2008). Graduation rates data are collected for full-time, first-time degree and certificate-seeking undergraduate students.
Data collected include:
- Number of students entering the institution as full-time, first-time degree or certificate-seeking students in a particular year (cohort), by race/ethnicity and gender; and
- Number of students completing their program within a time period equal to two times (200%) the normal period of time.
Contact: Andrew Mary, Survey Director
- IPEDS Graduation Rates Brochure
- Race/Ethnicity Information Center
- Mapping Old Post-Baccalaureate Award Levels with New Levels
- Reporting Study Abroad Students
- The History and Origins of Survey Items (2016–17 Update)
- Timing of IPEDS Data Collection
- Measuring Success in IPEDS
- Student Cohorts and Subgroups in IPEDS