There are two items this week:
This Week in IPEDS
November 19, 2013
- Human Resources Update
- Graduation Rates Reminder
Human Resources Update
The Human Resources survey will open on December 11, 2013. There are no changes in reporting for 2013-14. However, clarifications have been made to screens and instructions, to address respondent questions. Please take some time to review the forms and instructions before the survey opens.
Updates include the following:
- Several Occupational Categories have been renamed, to better describe who should be reported in them:
- New: Community, Social Service, Legal, Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations (21-0000 + 23-0000 + 27-0000)
Old: Community Service, Legal, Arts, and Media Occupations
- New: Student and Academic Affairs and Other Education Services Occupations (25-2000 + 25-3000 + 25-9000)
Old: Other Teaching and Instructional Support Occupations
- New: Library and Student and Academic Affairs and Other Education Services Occupations (25-4000 + 25-2000 + 25-3000 + 25-9000)
Old: Library and Instructional Support Occupations
- One contract type category has been expanded:
- New: Multi-year or continuing or at-will contract
Old: Multi-year contract
- Check out the Key Reporting Concepts section in the instructions that will assist you in completing the Human Resources component. These concepts include information on how to report different types of faculty and staff at your institution and provide guidance on reporting salaries.
Graduation Rates Reminder
As a reminder, for institutions that enroll first-time, full-time students, the Graduation Rates (GR) and 200% Graduation Rates (GR200) components will now be collected during the Winter data collection. The Winter collection opens on December 11, 2013, and the Keyholder deadline for submitting these survey components is February 12, 2014. Please plan accordingly. There are no changes to the data items collected, only to the collection period in which the data are submitted.
IPEDS Help Desk
This Weeks in IPEDS - November 24, 2015
Toll Free 1-877-225-2568