When I download a PDF file, my browser screen goes blank and I never see the file.
First make sure that the first page is not a blank page (this happens sometimes). Should you still experience PDF files appearing as a blank window within your web browser after downloading and checking for the next page, follow the appropriate steps below to resolve the issue:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or earlier, upgrade to version 5 or later.
- Internet Explorer
Please see Article ID: Q177321 in the Microsoft Support Online database for a possible resolution.
- Use the "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." option to download the PDF file directly to your hard drive and bypass the Acrobat Reader plug-in.
- Using the right-side mouse button click on the file (click on the title link) you are interested in.
- Select the "save target as" option in Internet Explorer, or "save link as" in Netscape.
- Save as type should be "Adobe Acrobat Document" or "all files."
- Make sure you name the file (or accept the name supplied).
- Know the location of where you are saving it.
- Hit save.
- Use the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file after downloading.
More Question's Home