Other Design Features
The PIAAC survey is designed to provide valid, reliable, and accurate information regarding:
- Component skills among lower-performing adults, as well as among those who report not knowing how to use a computer;
- Levels of literacy and numeracy across the entire population, which can be linked to International Adult Literacy Survey (IALS)/Adult Literacy and Lifeskills Survey (ALL);
- An accurate baseline measure of problem solving in technology-rich environments, for estimation of trends over time;
- Strategies and processes that adults use when responding to the tasks on problem solving in technology-rich environments;
- Relationships between literacy/ numeracy, component skills, and problem-solving; as well as relationships between the measured competencies, PIAAC affective measures, and social/economic measures (from the responses to the background questions and job requirements approach module).