Do students from various groups (for instance, language minority, special education, at-risk) and with different characteristics (differing by gender group, race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status) have equal access to different educational processes (e.g. opportunity to learn, academic programs)?
(a) Access Issues
- Is there equal access to postsecondary education for different groups?
- Do different groups of students have differential access to different types of high schools?
- Is there equal access to a positive school climate and other positive environmental features?
- What are the various admissions practices in different types of schools, and how do they affect access?
- Do students from different groups have different access to high quality high schools and postsecondary institutions?
(b) Equity Issues
- Is there an equitable distribution of education inputs, resources and processes to different types of students?
- Do schools serving predominantly poor and minority students offer fewer advanced placement and honors classes?