Maintaining the License File
The Principal Project Officer (PPO) is accountable for having all pertinent License information in a License File. The PPO maintains the License file at the same location where the restricted-use data are secured. This file must contain the following:
- A copy of the License,
- A copy of the Formal Request,
- Copies of the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (5 U.S.C. 552a); Section 183 of the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002 (P.L. 107-279); and Title V, subtitle A of the E-Government Act of 2002 (P.L. 107-347),
- A copy of the Security Plan form,
- All License amendment request documents/emails and License amendment approval documents/emails,
- A current list of all individuals who have access to the data, along with copies of their notarized Affidavits of Nondisclosure, and
- A copy of the most recent IES policy on submitting research publications to IES for a disclosure review.
The PPO must ensure that all project staff both read and understand all of this material. All individuals who have access to the subject data must be fully aware of all required security procedures.