Chapter 2: Knowing What You Need|
The Needs Statement captures functional needs as well as some technical needs. We define functions (as in Functional Needs) as the tasks or actions that the technology is intended to accomplish.
Your list of functional needs might include:
- Student records management, including automated student registration.
- Staff records management.
- Financial records management, including payroll.
- School transportation management.
- Library records management, including inventory and automated check-outs.
- Professional development support.
- Word processing.
- Spreadsheet capability.
- Database creation and management.
- Instructional software access.
- Access to the Internet.
- Electronic mail.
- Software appropriate for meeting the instructional needs of students.
- Video access (streaming video and interactive video).
- Telephone access in classrooms.