This report presents key findings from the survey "Internet Access in U.S. Public Schools, Fall 2001." For selected topics, data from previous FRSS Internet surveys are presented as well. The findings are organized as follows:
- school connectivity;
- students and computer access;
- operating systems, memory capacity, and disk space;
- special hardware and software for students with disabilities;
- the Internet as a way to communicate with parents and students; and
- technologies and procedures to prevent student access to inappropriate material on the Internet.