Publications & Products
Search Publications and Products
By Subject Index A-Z
By Survey & Program Areas
Data Products Last 6 Months
Restricted-use Data Licenses
Condition of Education
Digest of Education Statistics
High School Dropout and Completion Rates
Indicators of School Crime and Safety
Projections of Education Statistics
Transitions to Adulthood
Surveys & Programs
National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
National Assessments of Adult Literacy (NAAL)
Early Childhood Longitudinal Study (ECLS)
National Household Education Survey (NHES)
Common Core of Data (CCD)
Secondary Longitudinal Studies Program
School District Demographics System
Schools and Staffing Survey (SASS)
International Activities Program (IAP)
Library Statistics Program
Baccalaureate and Beyond (B&B)
Career/Technical Education Statistics (CTES)
Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
National Postsecondary Student Aid Study (NPSAS)
Data Systems, Use, & Privacy
Common Education Data Standards (CEDS)
National Forum on Education Statistics
Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems Grant Program - (SLDS)
K-12 Practitioners Circle
National Postsecondary Education Cooperative (NPEC)
Statistical Standards Program
Data & Tools
Custom Datasets & Tables
Peer Comparison Tools
Questionnaire Item Banks
States/District Profiles, Comparisons, and Mapping
Offsite Archive of NCES Data
Tables & Figures
Popular Keyword Title Searches
Elementary and Secondary
Postsecondary and Beyond
Search for Schools and Colleges
Other Search Tools
Public School Districts
News & Events
What's New at NCES
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP 2000)
By 2-digit series
CIP 2000: List By Program Area (2-Digit CIP)
Select a Program Area
01) Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Sciences.
02) Agricultural Sciences.
03) Natural Resources and Conservation.
04) Architecture and Related Services.
05) Area, Ethnic, Cultural, and Gender Studies.
09) Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs.
10) Communications Technologies/Technicians and Support Services.
11) Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services.
12) Personal and Culinary Services.
15) Engineering Technologies/Technicians.
16) Foreign languages, literatures, and Linguistics.
19) Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences.
21) Programs for Series 21.
22) Legal Professions and Studies.
23) English Language and Literature/Letters.
24) Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities.
25) Library Science.
26) Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
27) Mathematics and Statistics.
28) Programs for Series 28.
29) Military Technologies.
30) Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies.
31) Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies.
38) Philosophy and Religious Studies.
39) Theology and Religious Vocations.
40) Physical Sciences.
41) Science Technologies/Technicians.
43) Security and Protective Services.
44) Public Administration and Social Service Professions.
45) Social Sciences.
46) Construction Trades.
47) Mechanic and Repair Technologies/Technicians.
48) Precision Production.
49) Transportation and Materials Moving.
50) Visual and Performing Arts.
51) Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences.
52) Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services.
53) Programs for Series 53.
54) History (new)
55) Programs for Series 55 (French/Canadian Language and Literature/Letters)
60) Residency Programs.
21) Technology Education/Industrial Arts.
28) Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC, ROTC).
32) Basic Skills.
33) Citizenship Activities.
34) Health-related Knowledge and Skills.
35) Interpersonal and Social Skills.
36) Leisure and Recreational Activities.
37) Personal Awareness and Self-Improvement.
53) High School/Secondary Diplomas and Certificates.
Would you like to help us improve our products and website by taking a short survey?
YES, I would like to take the survey
The survey consists of a few short questions and takes less than one minute to complete.
National Center for Education Statistics - http://nces.ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education
U.S. Department of Education
Institute of Education Sciences
National Center for Education Statistics