There are three items this week:
This Week in IPEDS
April 12, 2012
- IPEDS Data Tool Enhancements
- Enrollment, Finance, and Graduation Rate Data Released
- Enrollment by Race/Ethnicity Tables Released
IPEDS Data Tool Enhancements
There have been several enhancements to the IPEDS Data Tools. Upon logging onto the IPEDS Data Center ( http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/datacenter), users will see:
- Early Release Data User accounts. . Access to early release data will be granted for users who create an Early Release Data User account. Account requests can be made from within the IPEDS Data Center. Account holders must agree to use the early release data at the institutional level only and to not publicly release the data. Users violating the agreement will have their accounts revoked. The guest level access is still available for data that have been officially publicly released.
- Access to revised data. Data users can now select whether to access data as originally reported or revised data as reported in the Prior Year Revision system. All revised data are publicly released data.
- IPEDS Trend Generator. The IPEDS Trend Generator is an online tool that can be used to create tables of selected IPEDS data over time. It can be accessed through the Data Center or at http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/trendgenerator. Data currently include institutional characteristics, enrollment, awards conferred, graduation rates, employment, and institutional revenue. Users can build tables with national level trends or create groups to show more detailed trends. Data can be downloaded as Excel files and data tables and charts can be printed.
- Tables Library. The postsecondary divisionís Tables Library has been revamped and includes IPEDS tables as well as tables from the postsecondary sample surveys. The Tables Library can be accessed from the IPEDS Data Center.
For assistance or questions with any of the IPEDS tools enhancements, contact the IPEDS Tools Help Desk at 1-866-558-0658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment, Finance, and Graduation Rate Data Released
The following NCES publication has recently been released: Enrollment in Postsecondary Institutions, Fall 2010; Financial Statistics, Fiscal Year 2010; and Graduation Rates, Selected Cohorts, 2002-2007. The NCES publication number is: 2012280. It is available from the NCES publication page at: http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/.
Enrollment by Race/Ethnicity Tables Released
The following NCES publication has recently been released: State Postsecondary Enrollment Distributions by Race/Ethnicity Before and After Changes to Reporting Categories: Fall 2004, 2007, and 2010. These Web Tables provide an initial look at differences in the national and state-level demography of students in postsecondary institutions before and after federally mandated changes in race and ethnicity data collection and reporting. Data was compared using Fall 2004, 2007, and 2010 enrollment statistics. The NCES publication number is: 2012264. It is available from the NCES publication page at: http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/.
IPEDS Help Desk
This Weeks in IPEDS - July 16, 2014
Toll Free 1-877-225-2568