Here are some tips to begin your search.|
- You must enter a name, city, or zip code to begin searching.
- You must select at least one of the four types of institutions found on the right side of the search tool.
- In doing a name search keep it as simple as possible to make sure you get results. For example, use Mary instead of Saint Mary's College in case spelling or abbreviations are different.
- To better target your search use more search parameters.
- To find an NCES ID for public schools, private schools, or colleges click on the name of the institution in the search results.
- By default, search results are sorted by name within institution, however, you may select to sort by state or city.
- To find information about Public Libraries, please visit
Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).