An indication of the occurrence of physical injury to participants involved in the incident and, if so, the level of injury sustained.
- Major injury - An injury that requires professional medical attention and may include, but is not limited to, a bullet wound, a stab or puncture wound, fractured or broken bones, concussions, cuts requiring stitches, and any other injury with profuse or excessive bleeding.
- Minor injury - An injury that does not require professional medical attention such as a scrape on the body, knee or elbow; and/or minor bruising. Medical attention from the school nurse qualifies the injury as minor unless further medical attention is required.
- No injury - N/A
- Serious bodily injury - A bodily injury that involves a substantial risk of death, extreme physical pain, protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty.
Identifies the victim of the incident, when a student or staff member, by use of a pre-existing school or district unique identifier.
- No option list available - N/A
Information on the type of individual who was injured or otherwise harmed as a direct result of the incident. When known and/or if useful, use a more specific option code (e.g., `Counselor` rather than `Professional Staff`).
- Former student - N/A
- Law enforcement officer - N/A
- Nonschool personnel - N/A
- Other adult - N/A
- Other nonstudent youth - N/A
- + 5 More Codes...