|Discontinuing Schooling Reason|
Discontinuing Schooling Reason
The primary reason for which a student discontinued schooling or left school before graduation or matriculation.
- Academic difficulty - An inability to reach or maintain expected educational levels appropriate for the student's age group, measured competence, or grade level.
- Behavioral difficulty - The student left school voluntarily or involuntarily because of problems in behaviors.
- Dislike of school experience - The student left school because of an active dislike of one or more aspects of his or her school experiences other than those of an academic or behavioral nature.
- Economic reasons - The student left school because of economic reasons such as inability to pay school expenses and inability of parents to provide suitable clothing.
- Employment - The student left school to seek or accept employment, including employment required to support a parent/guardian or other dependents.
- + 19 More Codes...
The month, day, and year of the first day after the date of an individual's last attendance in school (if known), the day on which an individual graduated, or the date on which it becomes known officially that an individual left school.
- No option list available - N/A
An indication as to whether an instance of student exit/withdrawal is considered to be of a permanent or temporary nature.
- Permanent exit/withdrawal - The student does not expect to return to membership in an educational institution.
- Temporary exit/withdrawal - The student expects to return to membership in an educational institution.