Steering Committee Summer 2003 Meeting Notes
July 22-23, 2003
- The proposed Data Model Working Group will remain inactive pending
the activities of related initiatives from SIF and CELT/CCSSO. Interested
Forum members may continue as a working group to coordinate interest
with these other efforts.
- Task Force products
- Facilities Handbook has been completed.
- Finance Task Force met and is working on Basic Data Elements.
- Data Quality Task Force has a draft prepared for task force review.
- Performance Indicators Task Force hopes to have a public review
draft released by early 2004 and a completed product printed by
the Summer 2004 Forum meeting.
- Student Privacy Task Force hopes to have a draft document ready
by the Winter 2004 Forum meeting.
- New Officers:
- Forum Chair Bethann
Canada, Virginia Department of Education
Loudat, North Clackamas Schools (OR)
Past Chair Raymond
Yeagley, Rochester Schools (NH)
- NESAC Chair Bill Smith,
Sioux Falls School District (SD)
Vice-Chair Brad James,
Vermont Department of Education
- PPI Chair Gerald
Hottinger, Pennsylvania Department of Education
Resch, New Jersey Department of Education
- TDC Chair Tom Purwin,
Jersey City Public Schools (NJ)
Quinlan, Montana Office of Public Instruction
- 2004 Task Order Review Volunteers
- NESAC Oren Christmas
(MI SEA) and David Burnett
- PPI Theresa Kough
(DE SEA) and Judy Newman
- TD&C Blair
Loudat (OR LEA) and Tom
Ogle (MO SEA)
Publications of the National Forum on Education Statistics do not undergo the formal review required for products of the National Center for Education Statistics. The information and opinions published here are the product of the National Forum on Education Statistics and do not necessarily represent the policy or views of the U.S. Department of Education or the National Center for Education Statistics.